15 Apr 10 Tips for family Caregivers
Staying at home is difficult especially when you are a new caregiver to a family member or loved one! Caregiver Action Network has these awesome 10 tips for caregivers!! They have so many great free resources! https://caregiveraction.org/resources/10-tips-family-caregivers
10 Tips for Family Caregivers
- Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay getting professional help when you need it.
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find.
- Make sure legal documents are in order.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!